SelectUSA: Attracting Investment, Increasing Employment
Recognizing that the competitiveness and job-generating ability of a nation is determined by its desirability as a place for businesses to operate, SelectUSA was created at the federal level to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
On the SelectUSA web site, state economic development agencies and businesses—foreign and domestic—will find the information they need to better understand the complete value proposition offered to firms located in the United States. Information provided includes:
- A searchable guide of federal programs and services available to businesses operating in the United States—including grants, loans, loan guarantees, and tax incentives;
- Industry snapshots that describe the competitive landscape; and
- An overview on “Why Select the USA?” that explains the advantages of operating a business in the United States.
In addition, the site offers a clickable map of the United States to direct business visitors to individual states’ economic development agencies—their principal partners in the site selection process.
Click here to visit the SelectUSA web site.
The U.S. Export Assistance Center of Northern Ohio
As a division of the Department of Commerce, the U.S. Commercial Service has more than 100 export assistance centers in the United States and nearly 150 offices in more than 80 countries across the globe.
The U.S. Export Assistance Center (USEAC) of Northern Ohio covers the exporting needs of companies in 28 counties.
USEAC seeks to provide comprehensive solutions to international trade challenges while helping area firms realize their export potential through a range of services that:
- provide expert counseling, advice, and advocacy,
- produce research on overseas markets and industries,
- promote companies' products and services in overseas markets, and
- find international partners (agents, distributors, JV, licensing, etc.)
The U.S. Commercial Service office in Northern Ohio combines these services and its global network with the trade finance expertise and programs of the U.S. Small Business Administration and the Export-Import Bank of the United States to help make your company successful in exporting.
Todd Hiser, Senior International Trade Specialist
U.S. Commercial Service (USCS)
600 Superior Ave. #700
Cleveland, OH 44114
Click here to visit the USEAC web site.